Friday, March 30, 2012

Christ's Love...

WATCH THIS



This semester I am taking a New Testament class and the last couple of weeks we have been studying and discussing the crucifixion of Christ. For my final I am writing about benevolence. The dictionary describes benevolence as the “desire to do good to others; goodwill; charitableness…an act of kindness; a charitable gift (dictionary.com).” I found a perfect example of an act of benevolence when I was reading in Luke chapter 23:34. This is when Jesus has been hung on the cross and is being crucified and Jesus pleaded with Heavenly Father saying: “…Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do…” After Christ had been mocked, spit upon, scourged, had a crown of thorns put upon His head, and had been nailed to the cross to suffer and die, He was asking His Heavenly Father to forgive these Roman people who were in the very act of murdering Him. He forgave Pilot who whipped Him 39 times and tore His flesh more and more with every whip. Before all of this was even over, He was forgiving them. He was not holding a grudge on them; instead He was worried about their well-being. There is nothing that shows more benevolence than that act; that act perfectly fulfills everything that the dictionary had to say about benevolence and then some. Christ was miraculously able to show love and compassion to the very people who were in the act of killing Him. If you watch the video I put a link to at the top you are given a visual of just a small part of what Christ went through for us and to atone for our sins. I am eternally grateful for my Savior and what He went through for me and for my sins. I know without a doubt in my mind that He really, truly loves each and everyone of us. He brings so much happiness into my life every single day and I would be completely lost without Him and His love in my life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment